The Mint Building

The Mint Building, situated in the grounds of the hotel dates back to 1067 when it was built as a Catholic Priory by William the Conqueror. After the reformation it was used as a merchants house and a poor house before being completely restored in 2001.

The building is now divided into a 3 bedroomed house and a one bedroom flat which are let and fully serviced by the hotel for guests wishing to make a longer stay in the city and who wish to enjoy more space and relaxation than the normal hotel room.